Dr Caroline Bleakley
Secretary: Karen or Drazen
Areas of Specialty
- Women's Cardiology
- Advanced Echocardiography
- Valvular Heart Disease
- Periprocedural Echocardiography
- Heart Failure
- Royal College of Physicians (UK)
- European Society of Cardiology
- American College of Cardiology
- European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging
- European Association of Acute Cardiovascular Care
- American Society of Echocardiography
- British Society of Echocardiography
Dr Bleakley graduated from Queen’s University Belfast in 2003 and has a postgraduate MD in cardiovascular research. She completed prestigious fellowships in cardiology and advanced echocardiography at two of the largest specialist Heart and Lung Hospitals in Europe (King’s College Hospital and the Royal Brompton Hospital, London, UK) prior to consultant appointments at each centre. At King’s, she was jointly responsible for running one of the busiest echo services in Europe. She is an invited international speaker and is widely published.
Dr Caroline Bleakley joins the Beacon as a Consultant Cardiologist from the Royal Brompton Hospital, London where she remains an Honorary Consultant.
Dr Bleakley has worked as a Consultant Cardiologist at both the Royal Brompton Hospital and King’s College Hospital, London. She is an internationally recognised expert in advanced cardiac imaging and has a particular interest in the clinical management and follow-up of valvular heart disease, heart failure and women’s cardiology.
Caroline recently relocated to Dublin and has joined Beacon Hospital’s progressive Cardiology Department.