The medical practice of Dermatology provides care and treatment for a diverse range of skin problems and diseases, from life-threatening skin cancers to skin conditions that cause personal discomfort or self consciousness. The Department of Dermatology provides full medical and surgical dermatologic services at the Beacon Hospital.
Our Mission is to provide the highest quality medical and surgical care for diseases of the skin, hair and nails in modern facilities by recognized Consultant Dermatologist. A Consultant Dermatologist is a medically qualified practitioner who has then gone on to specialise in medicine and then sub-specialise in Dermatology.
- Age spots (Pre-cancerous skin growths)
- Contact Dermatitis
- Hirsutism (excess hair)
- Hair loss (Alopecia)
- Nail disorders
- Skin Cancers (BCC, Melanoma, SCC)
- Skin infections
- Dermatology surgery – surgical procedures will typically consist of excision of cutaneous malignancies, shave excision, curettage and cautery of benign tumours (skin tags, etc), diagnostic biopsies of rashes.
- Skin cancer screening
- Mole mapping
- Non-melanoma skin cancer diagnosis and treatment
- Melanoma evaluation and surgery
- Removal of wide range of benign skin lesions such as skin tags, warts etc.
- anti-wrinkle injections
- Full skin review
- General skin care advice
- Referral for Patch testing (Diagnosing Allergic Contact Dermatitis)
- Intralesional Triamcinolone
- Referral for Ultra-Violet Light Therapy “– TLO1
- Laser “– IPL (Photorejuvenation, vascular lesions, thread veins, hair removal)
- Chemical peels