Welcome to Beacon Hospital Women’s Health Centre
The Women’s Health Centre in Beacon Hospital is located in our out patients department in the Consultants Clinic. We have three Consultant Gynaecologists in the centre, both male and female running clinics from Monday to Friday.
Services we provide
- Sexual and reproductive health – all matters of sexual health and contraception
- Menstrual dysfunction – any matters related to problems of menstruation, such as abnormal/heavy bleeding or premenstrual tension
- Pelvic pain and endometriosis – issues pertaining to acute or chronic pelvic pain, as well as diagnosis and management of endometriosis
- Menopause – diagnosis and management of menopause, including related issues such as abnormal bleeding and osteoporosis risk assessment
- Minimally invasive surgery – hysteroscopic and laparoscopic alternatives to most operative procedures (ovarian cysts/ fibroid resection)
- Outpatient procedures – e.g. Hysteroscopy, IUD insertion
Our Gynaecologists have access to Beacon Hospital’s state of the art theatres should there be a need for surgical intravention during your treatment.
How do I make an Appointment?
If you are a new patient you must have a GP referral letter in order to make an appointment. Once you have a GP referral letter this can be emailed or faxed to The Women’s Centre. One of our coordinators will then call you to organise your appointment. (Please note that we do not accept appointments over the phone as we need to have relevant referral forms in possession in order to schedule your appointment).