Mr Terry Boyle
Consultant Breast Surgeon
MB BCh BAO BSc (Hons) FRCSI FRSI (Gen) RCSI/IPA
Mr. Boyle is a Consultant Breast Surgeon in St. James’s Hospital, Dublin and Beacon Hospital, Dublin. He is Medical Director of the Beacon Breast Centre and Section Head of Breast Surgery at Beacon Hospital.
Mr. Boyle graduated in Medicine from University College Dublin in 1985. In addition to his training in General Surgery in Ireland, Mr. Boyle spent two years as an International Research Fellow in Surgical Oncology at Duke University, North Carolina, USA. Thereafter, he spent one year in clinical training at the Hammersmith Hospital in London, UK, before completing his training in General and Breast Surgery in Ireland.
A Consultant General Surgeon since 1998, Mr. Boyle’s current Practice is exclusively in Breast Diseases. His commitment to Beacon Hospital currently is to oversee the establishment of a comprehensive Programme at the Hospital for the provision of care for all aspects of Breast Disease, including Breast Cancer.
Dr Reem Salman
Consultant Breast Surgeon
Dr. Reem Salman is a specialised Breast Oncoplastic surgeon. Reem graduated from University College Dublin in 1996 and completed both basic surgical and higher surgical training in general surgery at The Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland and obtained the Surgical Fellowship in 2008 and the European Board of Surgery Qualification in Surgical Oncology in 2009.
Reem trained in numerous units throughout Ireland, UK, and Italy. Her experience in breast oncoplastic surgery has been refined by completing a breast reconstruction fellowship in Galway with Professor Michael Kerins. Reem worked in a number of medical institutions, including the European Institute of Oncology in Milan and The Nottingham Breast unit in the UK. Reem is a member of the European Society of Surgical Oncology (ESSO) and the British Association of Oncoplastic and Reconstructive Breast Surgeons (ORBS). She is on the Specialist Register with both the Irish Medical Council and the General Medical Council for General Surgery.
Reem worked as a Consultant Breast Surgeon at the Mater University Hospital Dublin from 2009 to 2012 where she managed symptomatic and screen detected breast cancer . She has special interest in breast oncoplastic techniques combined with immediate/ delayed reconstruction and risk reducing breast surgery. She is now a full time practicing Breast surgeon at Beacon hospital.
Mr Dhafir Alazawi
- MB Ch. B. (Medicine) 1990
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (FRCSI) 1998
- Doctor of Medicine (MD) University College Dublin 2006
- Intercollegiate Speciality Board in General Surgery FRCSI Breast(2010)
- Trained through the National High Surgical Training Program in Ireland
- Specialised fellowship in Aesthetic and Reconstructive Breast Surgery at The Royal Melbourne Hospital and The Royal Women’s Hospital in Melbourne Australia 2011
Areas of Practice;
- Breast cancer management including patients who has a high family risk history.
- I have a particular interest in immediate and delayed breast reconstruction following breast cancer surgery
- Breast reconstruction following Risk Reducing (Prophylactic) Mastectomy for high risk patients using variety of reconstructive techniques such as implant and flap based reconstruction.
- Breast Reduction Surgery
- Breast Augmentation.
- Bilateral mastopexy (Breast lift surgery)
- Long experience in a variety of General Surgical procedures and techniques such as Laparoscopic cholecystectomy,
- Laparoscopic and open hernia repair, Laparoscopic incisional hernia repair,
- Gastro-intenstinal and bowel surgery,
- Thyroid and melanoma surgery and
- Upper and lower Gastro-intestinal endoscopies.