Role of Physiotherapy in the Musculoskeletal/Sports Injuries
Our highly qualified physiotherapy team here at the Beacon Hospital are experts in treating acute, repetitive, overuse and chronic injuries. Following a thorough assessment we can diagnose your injury, discuss the causes of this injury and design an individually tailored treatment programme for you. We always aim to full rehabilitate each injury we treat and return you back to painfree activity/sport.
- Back and neck pain/disorders.
- Muscle, ligament and tendon injuries.
- Joint disorders including joint replacements.
- Fractures and broken bones.
- Injury Prevention.
- Sports injuries – acute, repetitive, overuse, and chronic.
- Foot pain/ plantar fasciitis/ Achilles tendinitis/ bunions/heel spurs/flat feet.
- Manual Therapy / Manipulation
- Soft Tissue Massage / Techniques
- Electrotherapy– (ultrasound, laser, interferential , muscle stimulation, TENS)
- Acupuncture & Dry Needling
- Foam Rolling
- Core stability
- Orthotics Prescription
- Workstation Assessment / Ergonomics
- Sports Rehabilitation
- Strength and Conditioning
Benefits of Physiotherapy:
- We can diagnose your injury.
- Explore the cause of your injury- e.g. repetitive, overuse, training errors, poor footwear, altered biomechanics (knocked knees, bow legged, flat feet), poor posture at home/workstation, heredity factors etc.
- Guide you through the different stages of rehab aiming to return you to full function/ sport whether you have a sedentary lifestyle or are an elite athlete.
- If required we can offer a prompt referral service to our team of Orthopaedic Consultants and Pain Specialists; here at the Beacon we have Consultants that specialise in different areas of the body e.g. spine, shoulder, hip, knee, ankle/foot etc.
- Your GP/Consultant can also refer you to our radiology department should x-rays, MRI’s ultrasound, Dexa scan be required.
- We also run several classes here at the Beacon to facilitate your rehabilitation; Pilates, back care, core stability and joint replacement classes.
How to access the service:
- Self referral – you can telephone yourself to book an appointment on our direct physiotherapy line (01) 293 6692.
- Your GP/consultant can also refer you to our physiotherapy clinic.
45 minute new patient appointment: € 75 30 minute appointment: € 55