COVID-19 is still present in the community and in hospitals. While some infection prevention control measures in Beacon Hospital have de-escalated in-line with National Guidelines, Beacon Hospital continue to ask patients and visitors who are attending to follow these measures:
- Isolate if you are symptomatic with new respiratory symptoms or if you are diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Complete your vaccination programme.
- Continue to adhere to measures in Beacon Hospital to protect yourself, patients and staff.
- Wear your masks (or face covering).
- Perform hand hygiene.
- Practice social or physical distancing.
- Practice cough and respiratory etiquette i.e. cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing or use your elbow if no tissue available.
- Visit at the designated hospital visiting times unless prearranged with the relevant department.
The prevalence of COVID-19 may fluctuate in the community and Beacon Hospital will continue to review and change infection prevention control and safety measures accordingly and at short notice if necessary.
In the interest of patient safety, restricted visiting hours are in place. The visitor must wear a face covering and perform hand hygiene also. If a visitor is deemed high risk of carrying covid, admission may be refused in line with patient safety policies. The safety of our patients and staff remains our number one priority.
In light of the visiting restrictions, we have arranged assistance for patients to have ‘virtual visits’. All patient beds have access to a private telephone. This can make and receive calls allowing patients to communicate with their loved ones at any time. We have also purchased a number of ipads and installed Skype on these to facilitate patient video calls to friends and family. If a patient is too weak, or is not familiar with this technology, one of our staff members will be more than happy to get them set up and on a call.
Visiting Restriction Exemptions
Exceptions to visiting restrictions will be made in exceptional circumstances. These circumstances include patients receiving end of life care. Where this is applicable, permission will be granted from the Nursing Supervisor in advance of the visit. The visitor must wear a face covering and perform hand hygiene also. If a visitor is deemed high risk of carrying covid, admission may be refused in line with patient safety policies.
Restricted Visiting Hours