Dr Suzanne Meenan
Areas of Specialty
- Clinical Psychology
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Perinatal Mental Health
- Management of Chronic Health Issues
- Neuropsychological assessment and psychological assessment
- Crisis Mental Health Evaluations
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy
- Psychodynamic Psychotherapy
- Psychological Society of Ireland
Dr Meenan is a Clinical Psychologist who completed a degree in Psychology at University College Dublin, her Master’s degree in Neuropsychology at Oxford Brookes University and her Doctorate in Clinical Psychology from Trinity College Dublin. She is accredited both by the British Psychological Society (Associate Fellow) and the Psychological Society of Ireland and has more than 10 years of postgraduate experience working in the field of Psychology.
Dr Meenan has worked in a variety of mental health settings, including hospitals and private clinics, to help patients achieve a greater sense of well-being. She is experienced in treating different issues such as depression, anxiety, panic disorder, perinatal mental health issues, grief and relationship difficulties. Suzanne’s clinical experience includes working with a wide age range from children to older adults. Therapeutically, Dr Meenan focuses on adolescent and adult populations.
She has gained specialized expertise working with both patients and their families with a range of neurological disorders including acquired brain injury, spinal cord injury and neurodegenerative disorders. In addition to this, she has a specialized expertise working in the field of perinatal mental health and has worked individually with many clients, families, and has facilitated support groups. Also, she has facilitated mental health training for nurses and midwives working with this clinical population.
From her extensive experience in the field of neuropsychology, Dr Meenan is able to perform neuropsychological assessment and psycho-educational assessment for children, teenagers and adults. She is experienced in using the most up to date and internationally recognized assessment tools for a variety of learning and behavioural difficulties.
Dr Meenan worked in Hong Kong for 8 years in a private medical clinic and recently returned to live in Dublin. During her time in Hong Kong, she was instrumental in setting up a child development clinic and was the clinical director of this until her departure. This involved managing 25 allied health staff and all clinical issues related to the running of the clinic.
- All Patients require a GP referral.
- Each of our Clinical Psychologists have a wait list that each referral is added to.
- Each session with a Clinical Psychologist lasts 50 minutes.
- Virtual appointments are possible.
- Our Clinical Psychologists do not do assessments for Autistic Spectrum Disorder.
- Our Clinical Psychologists do not work with children or adolescents who have been referred to CAMHS Services.