Dr John Lunn

MB BCh BAO MCh FRCSI (Tr & Orth)

Beacon Centre for Orthopaedics

Phone
Fax

Areas of Specialty

  • Orthopaedic Surgery
  • Shoulder
  • Knee
  • Hip

Training:

With a specialist interest in shoulder surgery, John Lunn is a graduate of UCD (1994). He trained on the Irish orthopaedic specialist registrar programme, following which he undertook fellowship training abroad. In 2006 he spent a year in Lyon, France studying and working on all aspects of shoulder surgery under the tutelage of Dr Gilles Walch, a well known shoulder specialist. In 2007 he and his family moved to Wellington, New Zealand where he undertook a six month fellowship in hip and knee arthroplasty. On completion of this he stayed in New Zealand for a further year working as a consultant orthopaedic surgeon.

Experience:

In 2007 Mr Lunn and his family moved to Wellington, New Zealand where he undertook a six month fellowship in hip and knee arthroplasty. On completion of this he stayed in New Zealand for a further year working as a consultant orthopaedic surgeon.

Since his return to Ireland in 2008 he has been working in private practice and part-time in Tullamore hospital. Currently 80% of his surgical practice relates to shoulders, covering all areas from arthroscopic surgery to shoulder replacement. Hip and knee replacement make up the other 20%. He maintains an academic interest and has published scientific articles relating to the shoulder and hip and is a member of several orthopaedic societies.