Mr Fardod O'Kelly
Beacon for Kids
Areas of Specialty
- Paediatric Urology
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTI) Paeds
- Paediatric Stone Disease
- Bed Wetting
- Undescended Testes
- Penoscrotal Reconstruction
- Neurogenic Bladder Dysfunction
- Hypospadias and Congenital Penoscrotal Abnormalities
- Adolescent & Transitional Care Urology
- Congenital Anomalies of The Kidneys & Urinary Tract
- Adult Congenital Urology
- Irish Society of Urology
- European Association of Urology
- American Urological Association
- British Association of Paediatric Urology
- Canadian Urological Association
- European Society of Paediatric Urology
- Hypospadias International Society
- American Association of Pediatric Urologists
- International Childrens Continence Society
- Royal Academy of Medicine in Ireland
- Medico-Legal Society of Ireland
Mr Fardod O’Kelly graduated with an honours degree in medicine and a Bachelors degree in medical science from the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (RCSI) in 2007 following undergraduate Bachelors and Masters degrees in natural sciences (Biochemistry) from Trinity College Dublin.
He returned to Trinity in 2010 to undertake a Doctorate in Medicine in the field of prostate cancer epigenetics, and was subsequently appointed to the higher surgical training scheme in urology. Following his attainment of FRCS(Urol), he pursued sub-specialist training in paediatric and adolescent urology in Our Lady’s Children’s Hospital in Crumlin before being awarded the prestigious Colles medal by the RCSI for further subspecialty fellowship training as well as being a recipient of RCSI and Ethicon travel awards.
He completed highly sought-after clinical fellowships in paediatric, adolescent and transitional urology in Canada at the Children’s Hospital of Eastern Ontario (CHEO) in Ottawa, and at the prestigious Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto.
Fardod has a strong academic and education background. He has written over 65 peer-reviewed academic manuscripts, 8 book chapters, and is a reviewer for over 15 journals as well as being awarded a global Top-10 reviewer for the Journal of Pediatric Urology (2020).
He was also awarded a teaching medal by UCD for undergraduate education. He has been a visiting scholar at Harvard Business School, and was awarded a scholarship to study for an MBA in Smurfit Business School at UCD, Dublin. Fardod has set up and is involved in a number of international clinical research and educational collaborations, has created a paediatric urology podcast show (Circumsessions) in conjunction with the Journal for Pediatric Urology, and sits on the paediatric urology working group of the European Association of Urology, as well as being a member of the Young Academic Urologists within the EAU. He is also an examiner with both the RCSI and UCD, and is a medico-legal expert in urology. He lives in Dublin with his wife, and 3 boys, and enjoys rugby, history, and cooking.