Dr Shiobhan Weston
Areas of Specialty
- Colon Cancer Screening
- Gastrooesophageal Reflux Disease
- Helicobacter Pylori Infection
- Liver Disease
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO)
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Royal College of Physicians in Ireland
- Irish Medical Council
- Royal College of Physicians (UK)
- Irish Society of Gastroenterology (ISG)
- European Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
- American College of Gastroenterology
- American Gastroenterology Association
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
Professor Shiobhan Weston received her medical degree from The Royal College of Surgeons in 1992. She completed her internship, residency in General Medicine and 1-year fellowship in
Hepatology at Beaumont Hospital in Dublin. She left Ireland in 1996 and completed her ABIM requirements in Internal Medicine and subspecialty training in Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Gastrointestinal motility disorders, IBS, and Liver disease at The Mayo Clinic, in Rochester, Minnesota, followed by a 3-year fellowship in Gastroenterology and Transplant Hepatology at UCLA and the UCLA-Dumont Transplant Center in Los Angeles. She was awarded an Advanced Hepatology Research fellowship award and funding for formal training in clinical research, epidemiology, biostatistics, and liver transplant medicine at UCSF in San Francisco. Prior to her current appointment, she was Assistant Professor of Medicine at New York-Presbyterian Hospital in New York and The Director for the Center for Liver Disease at Winthrop-University Hospital.
2006 Gastroenterology and General Internal Medicine Specialist Registration Ireland.
2003 Medical Board of New York State.
2001 Diplomate, American Board of Gastroenterology.
1998 Diplomate, American Board of Internal Medicine.
1998 Medical Board of California.
1996 The Royal College of Physicians MRCP (UK)
1992 Medical Council of Ireland L.R.C.P. & S.I. (N.U.I.), M.B., BCh., B.A.O.
Certificate Number 163311 Registration Number 16564