Prof Mary Shuhaibar
Areas of Specialty
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease
- Colorectal Cancer
- Diagnostic & Therapeutic Endoscopy
- Colorectal Screening
- General Internal Medicine
- Irish Society of Gastroenterology
- European Crohn’s Colitis Organization (ECCO)
- European Society of Gastroenterology Endoscopy (ESGE)
Following her qualification from the Royal College of Surgeons in Dublin and completing her specialist medical training in Gastroenterology and General Internal Medicine from the RCPI, she completed her PhD in Inflammatory Bowel Disease in 2016 from Trinity College Dublin. Dr. Shuhaibar was appointed as Lecturer in Clinical Medicine and Gastroenterology at Trinity College Dublin from 2006-2010. She completed a fellowship in IBD from Oxford, UK prior to her return to Ireland.
Dr Shuhaibar has been involved in multiple research projects nationally and internationally and has multiple research publications in the field of IBD and colorectal cancer.