Dr Tim Scanlon
Areas of Specialty
- Interventional Radiology
- Oncologic Imaging
- Thyroid Ultrasound
- Thyroid Biopsy
- Abdominal Imaging
- Pelvic Imaging
- Cardiovascular & Thoracic CT/MRI
- European Society of Radiology (ESR)
- Radiological Society of North America (RSNA)
- Cardiovascular and Interventional Radiology Society of Europe (CIRSE)
- European Society of Gastrointestinal and Abdominal Radiology (ESGAR)
- Society of Interventional Radiology (SIR)
Dr Tim Scanlon graduated with honours from University College Dublin in 2001. After postgraduate training in medicine at the Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Dublin, he was awarded Membership of the Royal College of Physicians in Ireland (MRCPI). He undertook higher specialist training in diagnostic radiology at the Mater Misericordiae University Hospital, Dublin and in 2007 was awarded the Fellowship of the Faculty of Radiologists, Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (FFRRCSI). He subsequently completed clinical fellowship training in Cardiovascular, Thoracic imaging and Interventional Radiology at the Northwestern Memorial Hospital Chicago.
Dr Scanlon was appointed a Consultant Radiologist at University Hospital Limerick and Adjunct Senior Clinical Lecturer in Radiology in the University of Limerick in 2010.
His practice at Beacon Limerick encompasses all aspects of radiology with a particular focus on thyroid ultrasound, cardiovascular and thoracic CT and Neurovascular MRI.