Dr Michel de Wildt, Consultant Urologist
Before moving to Ireland, I worked as a Consultant Urologist for almost 20 years in Catharina Hospital Eindhoven: a non-academic training hospital in the Southeast of the Netherlands. I am mainly specialised in minimally invasive endo-urological procedures for stone disease, prostate enlargement and pediatric urology.
In 2015 I was the first to introduce a novel approach for treatment of benign prostatic enlargement in The Netherlands and performed over 300 cases since then.
The reason for our move to Ireland was that my Irish wife (after having lived in the Netherlands for almost 20 years) really missed her Irish culture, the nature and most of all the community sense she experienced growing up in the West of Ireland. My children wanted to better understand the Irish culture and also to experience Irish family life.
I really enjoy life here in Ireland. With an abundance of beautiful golf courses, I never get bored. I also cannot wait to explore the many scenic routes in Ireland on my race bike, or in my almost 45 year old Italian sportscar. Stopping every now and then to enjoy the local (sea)food and breath taking views as well.
Membership of professional bodies:
- Irish Society of Urology
- Dutch Association of Urology
- European Association of Urology
- Society of Endourology
- Frankfurt School of Finance & Management: MBA in International HealthCare Management. Modules in UK, US, India, Singapore, Dubai, Germany •: Sept 2015 – May 2017
- Fellowship Pediatric Urology: Dep. of Urology UMC Radboud, Nijmegen, NL: 2003 – 2005
- Consultant Urologist: UMC Radboud, Nijmegen, NL: July 1996 – July 2002
- Doctoral Thesis (Ph.D.): UMC Radboud, Nijmegen, NL: Jan 1992 – Dec 1995
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.): Radboud University Nijmegen, NL: 1986 – 1992