Mr Arthur Cummings
Areas of Specialty
- Ophthalmic Surgery
- Vision Correction
- Laser Eye Surgery
- Topography Guided PKR
- Custom Lens Replacement
- Implantable Contact Lens / ICL
- Refractive Cataract Surgery
- Cataracts & Cataract Surgery
- Intracorneal Rings / MyoRing / CAIRS with KeraNatural
- Irish Medical Council
- Irish College of Ophthalmologists
- European Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons (ESCRS)
- UK & Ireland Society of Cataract & Refractive Surgeons (UKISCRS)
- AECOS: American-European Congress of Ophthalmology
- American Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ASCRS)
- American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO)
- South African Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (SASCRS)
- World College of Refractive Surgery (WCRS)
- Only Irish Member of the International Intra-Ocular Implant Club (IIIC)
Mr Cummings is a member of the Irish College of Ophthalmologists and the European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons. He was European President of AECOS: American-European Congress of Ophthalmology (2016 – 2017). Currently Mr Cummings is Global Ambassador for the Refractive Surgery Alliance and Chief Editor of Cataract and Refractive Surgery Today Europe.
He has been voted by The Ophthalmologist magazine as being one of the Top 100 Most Influential Ophthalmologists worldwide every year since 2018 up to the present date. He is a co-founder and trustee of the World College of Refractive Surgery & Visual Sciences and serves on their board of directors. He is Associate Professor of Clinical Ophthalmology at UCD, Dublin.
Beacon Eye Clinic
Mr Cummings leads the Wellington Eye Clinic that was established in 1980 and moved from Wellington Road in Ballsbridge to Beacon Medical Campus in 2006. The WEC was the first clinic in Europe to purchase an excimer laser, the laser used for laser vision correction surgery. Mr Cummings has been doing LASIK since 1994 and has performed more than 50,000 laser vision correction procedures making him one of the most experienced surgeons in the world. He is often asked to see patients from around the world to obtain his opinion. He has written 2 textbooks and contributed 15 chapters to various textbooks on the topic of laser vision correction, cataract surgery, lens implants, keratoconus, and cross-linking. He has authored more than 120 articles and presented more than 500 lectures at international conferences. He has received multiple international awards from the AAO, the ISRS, SASCRS and AECOS.
Mr Cummings is passionate about restoring, correcting, and improving vision and transforming lives through improved quality of vision.