Dr Guy Handelman
Areas of Specialty
- Musculoskeletal Imaging
- Cardiac CT
- Abdominal Diagnostic Imaging
- Oncologic Imaging
- Interventional Radiology
- Diagnostic Musculoskeletal Radiology
- Musculoskeletal Interventional Radiology
- Irish Medical Council
- General Medical Council UK
- Royal College of Radiologists UK
- Faculty of Radiologists UK
- British Society of Musculoskeletal Radiologists (BSSR)
- European Society of Musculoskeletal Radiologists (ESSR)
- British Society of Cardiac Imaging & Cardiac CT (BSCI/BSCCT)
Dr Guy Handelman graduated with honours from the Royal College of Surgeons in 2013. After postgraduate training in surgery in University Hospital Waterford and CHI Crumlin in Dublin, he was awarded Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (MRCSI). Following a period as a clinical lecturer for the Royal College of Surgeons & obtaining a Diploma in Health Professions Education, he undertook higher specialist training in diagnostic radiology in Belfast in 2017 and in 2021 was awarded the Fellowship of Royal College of Radiologists(UK). He undertook subspecialty training in Cardiac CT in the Royal Victoria Hospital in Belfast and Musculoskeletal radiology in Musgrave Park specialist hospital. He subsequently completed clinical fellowship training in Musculoskeletal radiology at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital in Stanmore, London.
Dr Handelman is a Consultant Radiologist at Beacon Limerick.
Dr Handelman was also appointed as Consultant Radiologist at University Hospital Limerick in 2023. Dr Handelman has an interest in all aspects of radiology with a particular focus on Cardiac CT as well as MSK multimodality imaging including image guided joint, tendon, soft tissue and minimally invasive spine intervention.