Dr David P Moore
Areas of Specialty
- Spinal Deformity Correction
- Complex Spinal Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Spinal Surgery
- Limb Lengthening Surgery
- Paediatric Orthopaedic Surgery
- Royal college of Surgeons in Ireland
- Irish Institute of Orthopaedic Surgery
David graduated from University College, Dublin in 1981 and completed the Irish Trauma and Orthopaedic training programme in 1991. He then spent a year doing Paediatric Orthopaedics in a University of Minnesota affiliated fellowship in Gillette Children’s Hospital in St. Paul and the Shriners Hospital in Minneapolis. After this he did a fellowship in spinal surgery in the Queen’s Medical Centre in Nottingham.
He was appointed as a Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon in 1993.
Undergraduate in UCD. MB BCh BAO 1981
- Postgraduate in RCSI, FRCSI 1985
- University of Liverpool, MChOrth 1987
- Certificate in Specialist Training in Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery 1991
- Paediatric Orthopaedic Fellowhip in University of Minnesota, 1992
- Spinal Surgery Fellowship in QMC Nottingham, 1993
- Involved in directing and participating in numerous instructional courses in limb reconstruction, spinal surgery, trauma and paediatric orthopaedics.
- President of the Irish Institute of Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery (1997 – 2013).
- Member of the Council of the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland.
- Joint Clinic Lead in the Trauma and Orthopaedic Clinical Programme.