Beacon Hospital Physiotherapy Department runs Stott Pilates/ Australian Physiotherapy and Pilates Institute group matwork classes taught by qualified instructors and chartered physiotherapists who have trained in the Stott Pilates/ Australian Physiotherapy and Pilates Institute method.
Pilates is a versatile form of non-impact exercise designed to build strength, flexibility, co-ordination and endurance using controlled movements without building bulk or stressing joints. It also helps to sculpt the body and strengthen the body’s ‘core’ or ‘powerhouse’ (torso). Pilates is suitable for all ages, fitness levels and life stages and is a favourite exercise activity of celebrities and professional athletes alike. In a worldwide survey conducted by the American Council of Sports Medicine’s Health and Fitness Journal, Pilates ranked ninth on a list of the top 20 fitness trends.
What are the benefits of Stott Pilates/ Australian Physiotherapy and Pilates Institute Pilates:
- longer, leaner muscles (less bulk, more freedom of movement)
- improves postural problems
- increases core strength, stability and peripheral mobility
- helps prevent injury
- enhances functional fitness and ease of movement
- heightens body awareness
- can be customised to suit everyone from rehabilitation patients to elite athletes
- complements other methods of exercise
- improves performance in sports
- improves balance, coordination and circulation
- relief from muscle stress and back pain
For more information on Pilates Classes please contact Beacon Hospital Physiotherapy on 01/2936692 or firstname.lastname@example.org