Hospital food is an essential part of patient care. Good food can encourage patients to eat well, giving them the nutrients they need to recover from surgery or illness.
At Beacon Hospital we will provide you with Breakfast, Lunch and Tea, together with snacks and regular hot and cold drinks. The main meals are served between 7:30 am–6:00 pm. Snacks and hot and cold drinks are available 24 hours. We provide light refreshments, including sandwiches, toast, yogurts, smoothies, fruit and biscuits.
The Catering Department is fully committed to providing high quality service in response to patients’ requirements. Hospital menus are devised in conjunction with the Clinical Nutrition Department to ensure patients’ nutrition requirements are met. We also provide a range of specialTherapeutic Diets to patients who have been prescribed them by their healthcare team.
If you have any comments or suggestions, or would like to talk to someone from the Catering Department please ask one of the ward staff and they will make arrangements for a member of our catering team to visit you.
Our commitment to you
- Our menus are designed so that you can easily find suitable and varied dishes to meet your requirements
- Our ward team will always be on hand to help with the ordering and service of meals
- The ward team will make meal times as comfortable for you as possible and keep other activity on the ward to a minimum so that you can enjoy mealtimes
- Food will be prepared and served in accordance with I.S.340:2007 “Hygiene in Catering Sector” set by the Food Safety Authority of Ireland (FSAI)
- When preparing your foods we will respect your cultural needs or religious beliefs
- We aim to promote health through the food we provide. As a result all our menus have been checked by qualified dietitians to ensure nutritionally balanced meals
- If you require a therapeutic diet, as prescribed by your doctor or dietitian, we aim to meet your needs at all times. If you would like more information on your dietary needs your medical team can refer you to a dietitian.
We welcome your views on what you think about the food quality and meal service. If you have any comments please to talk to someone from the catering team.