Research Ethics Committee (REC) of Beacon Hospital The committee was established to enhance the effectiveness of Beacon Hospital and assist its healthcare providers, patients, patients’ families, administrative staff and other users through its review of healthcare research and ethical issues that may arise in the operation of Beacon Hospital. The committee reviews and offers opinion on research involving:
- Patients and users of Beacon Hospital.
- Individuals identified as potential research participants because of their status as relatives or carers or patients and users of Beacon Hospital.
- Access to patient data of past and present Beacon Hospital patients.
- Beacon Hospital staff, recruited as research participants by virtue of their professional role.
- Ray McDermott, Chair, Consultant Medical Oncologist
- Arthur Cummings, Vice-chair, Consultant Ophthalmologist
- Gavin Lawlor, Radiation Therapist
- Paula Vernon, PSQI Manager
- Louise Senior, REC Administrator
- Paula Brennan, Nurse Supervisor
- Elizabeth Brennan, Wellington Eye Clinic
- Elizabeth Coghlan, Lay Member
- Catherine Curran, GDPR Expert
Contact the Committee
By email: email@example.com
By post: Research and Ethics Committee (REC), Beacon Hospital, Sandyford, Dublin 18.