Course on the Casley Smith Method of Manual Lymphatic Drainage
CASLEY SMITH METHOD
Manual Lymphatic Drainage for the Treatment of Lymphoedema
A course has been organised on the Casley Smith Method of Manual Lymphatic Drainage. This course is to develop healthcare professionals with knowledge and skills in the management of lymphoedema/chronic oedema, incorporating manual lymphatic drainage (MLD).
The course is open to any registered Health Care Professional who has the opportunity to practice, and costs €1,200. The course will be delivered online, as well as practical sessions taking place in Beacon Hospital. It will be taught by Lynne Whiteside BSc (Hons) SRP, MCSP, NMP, Teacher of Casley Smith Method of MLD, Casley Smith Lymphoedema Education.
For more information on the course, you can download the information leaflet, or contact Sarah Wright on 01 293 3885 or Sarah.Wright@beaconhospital.ie.
Download the Information Leaflet to Learn More
AIM: To develop healthcare professionals with knowledge and skills in the management of lymphoedema/chronic oedema, incorporating manual lymphatic drainage (MLD)
WHERE: Practical sessions will be held in the Beacon, Dublin
WHEN: Online: 13th, 27th Sept, 11th, 25th Oct, 8th, 22nd, Nov 7-9pm
Practical: 27th/28th Nov and 11/12 Dec, 9-5pm
WHO: any registered Health Care Professional who has opportunity to practice. Applicants must be fully vaccinated.
FACILITATOR: Lynne Whiteside BSc (Hons) SRP, MCSP, NMP, Teacher of Casley Smith Method of MLD, Casley Smith Lymphoedema Education,
Closing Date: 7th September 2021
By the end of the course, the student will be able to:
- describe the theoretical principles underpinning treatment in relation to the microcirculation and fluid transport systems
- demonstrate an awareness of literature and evidence in relation to treatment of lymphoedema using MLD and bandaging
- discuss the rationale for the provision of MLD and bandaging, including indications and contraindications
- communicate effectively with the service user and carer, providing both verbal and written explanation
- identify, implement and evaluate treatment utilising the four cornerstones of care
- make appropriate referral to other agencies
Intermittent Fasting Advice with Dr Grant
Are you considering intermittent fasting? A woman in her 50’s reached out to Dr Grant this week for advice on...
Graeme Rogers Advises on Potential Glaucoma
An Image.ie reader is concerned about the beginnings of potential glaucoma after their pharmacist suggested further...