Course on the Casley Smith Method of Manual Lymphatic Drainage
CASLEY SMITH METHOD
Manual Lymphatic Drainage for the Treatment of Lymphoedema
A course has been organised on the Casley Smith Method of Manual Lymphatic Drainage. This course is to develop healthcare professionals with knowledge and skills in the management of lymphoedema/chronic oedema, incorporating manual lymphatic drainage (MLD).
The course is open to any registered Health Care Professional who has the opportunity to practice, and costs €1,200. The course will be delivered online, as well as practical sessions taking place in Beacon Hospital. It will be taught by Lynne Whiteside BSc (Hons) SRP, MCSP, NMP, Teacher of Casley Smith Method of MLD, Casley Smith Lymphoedema Education.
AIM: To develop healthcare professionals with knowledge and skills in the management of lymphoedema/chronic oedema, incorporating manual lymphatic drainage (MLD)
WHERE: Practical sessions will be held in the Beacon, Dublin
WHEN: Online: 13th, 27th Sept, 11th, 25th Oct, 8th, 22nd, Nov 7-9pm
Practical: 27th/28th Nov and 11/12 Dec, 9-5pm
WHO: any registered Health Care Professional who has opportunity to practice. Applicants must be fully vaccinated.
FACILITATOR: Lynne Whiteside BSc (Hons) SRP, MCSP, NMP, Teacher of Casley Smith Method of MLD, Casley Smith Lymphoedema Education,
Closing Date: 7th September 2021
By the end of the course, the student will be able to:
- describe the theoretical principles underpinning treatment in relation to the microcirculation and fluid transport systems
- demonstrate an awareness of literature and evidence in relation to treatment of lymphoedema using MLD and bandaging
- discuss the rationale for the provision of MLD and bandaging, including indications and contraindications
- communicate effectively with the service user and carer, providing both verbal and written explanation
- identify, implement and evaluate treatment utilising the four cornerstones of care
- make appropriate referral to other agencies
Dr Grant Discusses the Potential Cause of Belly Button Pain
A patient asks Dr Grant about a pain at their belly button. The patient noticed the pain recently but only...
Golfing Injury Prevention & Performance; Conor Gavin, Senior Musculoskeletal Physiotherapist
Having an effective golfing physical preparedness routine in place can help people through removing the physical...