Mr Murphy was educated in Dublin and Wexford, graduating in medicine from UCD in 1993. He trained initially in Belfast and Dublin, and gained his MD following research in venous disease in the RCSI in 2002.
He completed specialist training in vascular surgery in the University of Oxford (2002-2008) where he was Clinical Lecturer in Surgery. He has published widely and was author and co-editor of the Oxford Specialist Handbook of Vascular Surgery. Prior to joining the staff at Beacon Hospital, Mr Murphy worked as a Consultant in Manchester (Central University Hospitals), a position he was appointed to, following an endovascular fellowship in Australia.
· Varicose veins (we use the most advanced endovenous laser technology treatment)
· Leg ulcers
· Spider/thread veins
· DVT (deep vein thrombosis)
· Carotid artery disease (TIA/Stroke)
· Peripheral arterial disease (claudication/critical ischaemia)
· Aneurysms (aortic/popliteal/other)
· Hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating)
· Thoracic outlet syndrome
· Rare vascular conditions – See more at: https://www.beaconhospital.ie/doctors/michael-arthur-murphy/#sthash.vR589z90.dpuf