Dr Emily C Hodkinson, Consultant Cardiologist, MBChB, MRCP
Originally from County Antrim, Dr Hodkinson graduated from the University of Manchester in 2004 following completion of their Medicine with French language programme.
She undertook her training in Belfast and then moved to Sydney, Australia for Fellowship. She undertook research at the prestigious Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute, specifically in inherited cardiac channelopathies namely Long QT syndrome. She published on heritability of ECG phenotypes in twins and on the origins of T wave notching in Long QT Type 2.
She went on to complete advanced clinical fellowships in cardiology and electrophysiology in Royal Prince Alfred and St Vincent’s hospitals in Sydney.
On return to the UK, Dr Hodkinson worked at the Royal Brompton and Harefield hospitals with world leaders in electrophysiology gaining further expertise in AF ablation, congenital heart disease and pacing.
Dr Hodkinson is pleased to have moved back to Ireland with her young family.
She is happy to accept referrals for general cardiology, electrophysiology and pacing.
- Cardiologist and Electrophysiologist
- General Cardiology
- Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Catheter Ablation
- Pacemakers and defibrillators
- MBChB, MRCPUK, HRUK,
- Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Education (distinction)
- Graduate diploma in cardiac electrophysiology (CEPIA)
- Royal Brompton and Harefield Hospitals
- Royal Prince Alfred Hospital, Sydney, Australia
- St Vincent’s Hospital Sydney, Australia
- Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute, Sydney
- Royal Victoria Hospital, Belfast
- Heart Rhythm Society
- European Society of Cardiology
- Irish Cardiac Society
- Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh